Workshop Branco Ottico
Sunday 11 of june
What the workshop is about?
The workshop will consist on learning, both in technique and practice, how to create a large-format portrait. A direct positive will be achieved on silver gelatin.
Branco Ottico proposes to create portrait photography directly on negative photographic paper, a paper dedicated to printing in the darkroom that is reversed in positive through the ROBA APPOSTA process of Branco Ottico.
The results obtained may vary depending on the photographic paper used, and excellent photographs can even be obtained with old paper.
Each shot is a unique piece, and each result is a discovery!
Who is BRANCO OTTICO?
Branco Ottico is an Italian experimental photography group that organizes workshops, school projects, etc. They have their own brand of creative chemical products for analog black and white and color photography. They also hold the record for the largest contact print ever made (24m2)!!
In their latest project, they created a gigant camera over one square meter with which they participated in the well-known TV program Italia’s Got Talent. They gave space for analog photography on television for the first time, creating a one-square-meter portrait in a live inverted positive!
Their next experimental project consists on creating one-square-meter portraits on the road. They will work with an equipped van with a darkroom for on-site operations.
The Branco Ottico workshop lasts for 4.5 hours and will take place in Plaza de la Vila (Vilassar de Dalt).
You have a chance to experience this:
- Branco Ottico Workshop: Sunday, June 11th, from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
1. Seeing the world through a large-format camera or view camera
2. Framing and camera movements
3. Loading sensitive material and sensitivity of photographic paper
4. Results with different photographic papers
5. How to determine proper exposure
6. The chemical inversion process with ROBA APPOSTA, step by step
7. Let’s make a portrait: from capture to finished photograph in just a few minutes.
- Workshop with Branco Ottico
- Use of a 5×7” camera
- Take and keep your own photograph
- Free entry to exhibitions and conferences
- 10% discount on Branco Ottico products
*The workshop includes all necessary chemicals and materials, you only need to bring a pencil, paper, and enthusiasm!
Who can participate?
Workshop is open to anyone interested in learning about how a large-format camera works and the entire chemical inversion process that leads to the creation of a unique positive directly on photosensitive paper. It is not necessary to have specific knowledge of this technique; you will learn the basic concepts in the workshop.
*Limited to 12 participants