Revela’t 2013: The first edition
The Revela’t festival arose to celebrate the anniversary of a website, espaifotografic.cat, which had its moment with the boom in digital photography.
Trying to find those lost sensations, we decided to have an encounter where analog photography was the protagonist. As lovers of the original techniques and in particular of the Wet Collodion we asked Quinn Jacobson, one of the most recognized at this time. The response was positive and our surprise was capitalized, since we did not expect that starting from this workshop would form what is now the festival.
Upon learning of Quinn’s presence, another great photographer and friend of his, Josep Maria Ribas Prous, contacted us, and we had a first exhibition that eventually became eight, and which we rounded off with two workshops, one on pinhole photography with Ilan Wolf and another with our dear Eduardo Momeñe and José Manuel Navia.
An edition that lasted only one weekend and that for us was a great experience that did not take long to bear fruit.
Faustí Llucià, Botánica urbana. Hanna Jarzabeck, Lesbians & much more. Miquel Àngel Pérez, Nudus. Pablo Lerma, Related Time. Colectiva, Hablando en Plata. Colección J. M. Ribas Prous y Llorenç Herrera, USA tintypes/ferrotypes western time (circa 1856/1880). Colección Ramón Rodó, Exposición de cámaras fotográficas antiguas. Centre Excursionista de Catalunya CEC, Autocromos, fotografia en color de principios del s. XX.
Friday 24th May
- 19:00h—22:00h: Opening round of the exhibitions
Saturday 25th May
- 10:00—12:00h: Conference-practical demonstration of pinhole photography with Ilan Wolff
- 12:00—14:00h: Wet Collodion Hands-on Demonstration with Quinn Jacobson
- 10:00—13:00h: X edition of Caja Azul: «Analog rhythms in digital times«
- 14:00—16:00h: Popular paella
- 17:00—19:30: Round table “Photography: passion and expression” with E. Momeñe, J.M. Navia, M. Laguillo, led by J. Bou
- 17:00—19:00h: Conference «1839-1939: Els primers 100 anys de les càmeres fotogràfiques» by Ramon Rodó
- 20:00—1:00h: Music groups, beers, talk, sandwiches, parties…
- 10:00h—18:00: Commercial demonstrations and different techniques by the groups that collaborate in the festival: photogenic experiments, a giant cyanotype, carbon stamp, chemgraphs and much more
Sunday 26th May
- 10:00—20:00h: Introductory Workshop on Wet Collodion with Quinn Jacobson
- 10:00—20:00h: Pinhole Photography Workshop with Ilan Wolff
- 10:00—20:00h: Workshop “The Photographic Vision, from theory and practice” with E. Momeñe and J.M. Navia
- 10:00h—15:00h: Commercial demonstrations and different techniques by the groups that collaborate in the festival: a minute camera that will circulate through the streets of Vilassar, chemgraphs, bichromated rubbers and much more
- 14:00h—16:00h: Popular barbecue
Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th May
- 10:00—20:00h: Advanced Negative Wet Collodion Course with Quinn Jacobson