Wet Plate Collodion Negative & Salt print process
Workshop with Borut Peterlin (26th & 27th of May)
Two day advanced workshop of wet plate collodion negative process that will be printed as salt prints
Wet plate collodion photographers who have know how to make an ambrotype or a tintype and are ready to move on to the next level.
DAY ONE 26th of May
– Introduction to the processes
– Reviewing different collodion negatives with different densities for different printing processes
– Preparation of chemistry and cleaning plates
– The making of the first wet plate collodion negatives
– Making a portrait & landscape wet plate collodion negative
– Making negatives with different densities
– Redeveloping a wet plate collodion negative (second development, after fixing)
– Learning how to calibrate chemistry for hot (or cold) temperatures
– Varnishing wet plate collodion negatives
– Demonstration of salt print process
DAY TWO 27 th of May
– Seizing paper for salt print process either by brushing or by floating
– Sensitising paper
– Exposure and how does exposure effects density and contrast of a salt print
– Toning with gold-chloride toner
– Waxing salt print with beeswax
– Silver Nitrate bath maintenance (kaolin, boiling with baking soda, filtering, adjusting pH,…)
Each participant will receive notes with all the receipts and the most important points to remember.
I’ve exhibited worldwide, in venues such as the Konica-Minolta Gallery, Tokio, Japan / K2 Gallery – Izmir,Turkey / Martin-Gropius-Bau, Berlin, Germany/ Host Gallery, London, UK / Kaunas Photo Festival, Lithuania / Doland Museum, Shanghai, China / Photo Fringe Festival, Krakow, Poland, Arendt & Medernach, Luxembourg, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Ljubljana, Slovenia and many others
WORKSHOP DATES AND DURATION
26 and 27 May 2016. From 9.00 h to 19.00 h
PRICE 250 € (two days)
Maximum number of places: 10
From this link you can access the page Codetickets and reserve your seat.
Location: Fotoespai B.C.I. C/ Coroleu, 72 - 74 bajos. Barcelona - 08030 Tel.: 933 119 273.